Lost in the Mist

This year, spring started on the 20th of March for the northern hemisphere (in theory at least). Here in the north, the day started with a lot of snow. I walked the dog in the morning under heavy snowflakes and was mesmerized by the way everything outside looked so peaceful. All nature seemed to be asleep under this mantle of white and it was almost like time had stopped. With a slow, deep breath and the fresh wind in my face, I stood in the middle of the road to take it in. 

But as the weather is known to be whimsical, it completely changed without warning. It looked like spring had indeed arrived... After lunch all the clouds had astonishingly cleared and the sun was shining again - something that hadn't happened in a few days. Because the day was so beautiful and I needed to get rid of some stress, I decided to go for a walk. But nothing could've prepared me for the stunning sights I was about to see. Witnessing nature at its best put me in a great mood and brought the biggest smile to my face. With my best efforts, I tried to capture some of the beauty I was fortunate enough to find and I will share it here with you. 


It all started with these small huts buried in the snow. Suddenly I started to notice the ascending mist around the trees and it looked absolutely magical. At first I couldn't believe my eyes, so I took my sunglasses off and back on a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming or hallucinating. I seriously started to doubt myself and there was no one around to set me at ease. But the fading, light mist was still there. It was real, as much as it didn't appear to be of this world. Something deep inside me wanted to run in and get closer to it, try to catch it with my hands and preserve it. 


Pretty soon the mist started spreading and it was everywhere. Houses, street lamps and trees were starting to disappear around me. Although it might've been slightly unnerving to see everything vanish right before my eyes, it was also a entertaining sight. 


Even the sun looked different somehow, its edges more defined than usual, so round and the warmest color of yellow I had ever seen. It felt incredibly comforting. 


The sun was setting as I walked back home, but every few minutes I had to stop and take a few pictures of the amazing scenery. I just couldn't believe how beautiful it looked. I wanted to stay in that moment forever. Hopefully my pictures give you a small idea of how incredible it was. 



This was an unforgettable experience and definitely one of the most memorable I ever had in Sweden. I'll wait for more surreal misty days to brighten my life!

Comments