A Blast From the Past

You can't talk about the north of Sweden, and in particular Skellefteå, without mentioning classic cars. I'd go as far as to say it's like a religion up here, like something sacred they cherish in their daily lives. People are very passionate and fiercely invested in their vintage cars, holding a particular sense of pride in the ones they own. So much so, that there is a group called Norrlands Motorhistoriker that was started in 1967 and they are all about these veteran vehicles. Every few years they host a car show in town and lucky for me, the most recent event happened this past weekend - I was more than delighted to go. They worked very hard and put a lot of effort into the organization, but it was all worth it because the result was incredible.

As soon as we walked in, it was like we were transported into the past (if you don't count the modern people around), with so many beautiful cars, mopeds and motorcycles. Now I have to warn you that I know very little about cars, I don't even have my driver's license. But I sure love old, pretty, shiny cars and there were plenty to make me stare in awe. I'm obsessed with history and the 20th century holds a very special place in my heart, so being surrounded by these amazing, precious gems that have survived through the times was spellbinding. I like my cars as I like most of my other things: as vintage as it gets. So I'll leave you to enjoy some of the stunning pieces that could be found in this window to the past.













Comments