Endless Nights

«And the days will become endless and never,
Never turn to night»

There comes a moment during summertime in the north of Sweden when the sun never really sets. And when it does, it's for a very brief period and it comes back shortly after. I believe most people call this the midnight sun. I like to think of this period (like the title suggests) as endless nights and yes, I'm aware, if anything I should refer to it as endless days because the sun never really goes away. It's as if we float still in time, the promise of the sun always peeking over the horizon. It's one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed. I love going outside and seeing the bright, warm colored sun in the sky, casting its orange, pink and purple shadows onto the clouds and letting us know that the light is here to stay. Darkness seems to lose its meaning and I almost forget what it will look like in a few months. 

For now, I choose to rejoice in the radiance. It's freeing, it's glowing, it's never-ending. It makes me feel eternal. 










Comments

  1. Your blog is beautiful 💗 I hope you are alright! I also came to sweden and it's my second time trying for the personnummer, I live up north with my sambo but finding a job without speaking swedish seems impossible here, I don't have much to write on a cv as my life was helping my mother after her having strokes I have been crafting and selling so these jobs need a little understanding of the language 😊 anyways it was nice to read all of these , I hope you are fine 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, it made me happy to see it!

      I'm fine, I was lucky to find a job where I don't need much Swedish so I'm holding on for now. Is there an English School in the city where you live? You can always try sending your cv there, they are very English-friendly :) around half their staff is foreign!

      I hope things turn out okay for you, best of luck!!

      Delete

Post a Comment